• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 2500 Rapid Torque Converter Cycling

I really don't see any converter cycling in that video. I'm trying to make heads or tails of it, though to be honest. It looks like you take off from a stop, and at the 1-2 shift, it shifts, but then the tach jumps UP a few hundred rpm, and then back down, then back up a couple of times before continuing to rev up toward 3K. If I had to guess, based on this video, I'd say it was a 1-2-1-2 shuttle shift going on. What governor pressure solenoid is in the transmission? It also seems like a LOT of rpm going on for how fast you're accelerating. Where is your TV cable set? At what rpm is your WOT 1-2 shift point?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dynamic said:

I really don't see any converter cycling in that video. I'm trying to make heads or tails of it, though to be honest. It looks like you take off from a stop, and at the 1-2 shift, it shifts, but then the tach jumps UP a few hundred rpm, and then back down, then back up a couple of times before continuing to rev up toward 3K. If I had to guess, based on this video, I'd say it was a 1-2-1-2 shuttle shift going on. What governor pressure solenoid is in the transmission? It also seems like a LOT of rpm going on for how fast you're accelerating. Where is your TV cable set? At what rpm is your WOT 1-2 shift point?

I will warm it up tonight and check the 1-2 shift point. I want to say it’s around 3,000 RPM. I installed a suncoast governor pressure solenoid and block in way back when, I’m not sure if the transmission shop reinstalled it or not. I haven’t been inside of it since I got it back from them five months ago. I also installed a new “high pressure” transducer, which I’m not sure if they reused, at the same time as the governor pressure solenoid. 

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, it seems as if the issue is fixed. I took it back to my transmission shop and they replaced the speed sensor (again) and the “external transmission harness” (from what I gathered he meant the speed sensor wiring harness). I will look in the future and report back which harness they replaced. Thank you guys for your support on this.

• Like 2