• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally started thowing them away...

AH64ID

• Staff

Well after more than 113 fuel purchases I finally started throwing away my piles of receipts today. I had kept them for a while after a fuel purchase in case the fuel was bad, but that turned into piles stashed in this drawer or that cabinet... couldn't think of any reason to keep them, other than to keep them... so away they went as I found them this weekend.. Found 5 piles of about 5-10K miles work each pile.So anyone else in the same boat?

• Owner

I never bothered to keep the receipts because of the simple fact there is only 1 fuel station I use around home. Then if I got to Boise i use the same fuel station in Payette every time. Then if I got to Lewiston I use the same one there... Never had a bad tank of fuel but once at a local Mom & Pop fuel station here at home. After that I knew what to look for and ask the owner how they deal with the pump and filters. Just to let you know I know of 2 stations locally to me I will not buy fuel from because of weather issues, shelter, pumps, etc... Even though the price might be cheaper I wil not touch the fuel its not worth it.

• Staff

I have only ever had one bad tank, and it was just old I think?? Mileage sucked and the owner said he had a few complaints, no water or filter plugging.. just no mileage and no power.. got 13mpg on the fwy where I normally get 16-18 in that stretch, and the weather was normal too. I put odometer, trip miles, engine hours, trip hours, overhead mpg on my receipts, then if my excel log crashes before I can back it up I can record the fillup.

• Owner

Good rule of thumb buy your fuel from a high volume supplier... If you have to ask the owner buty ask how often he gets fuel and how much... If you buy from high volume source the chances of getting a poor tank of fuel would be extremely rare. Like a Mom & Pop place right down the road from me they have a 500 gallon tank above ground and rarely see a delievery truck around... Then the tank is out in the weather... Then the pump are old mechanical pumps... Then the filters are rarely changed and poor filters are used... Yeah this is a place you don't buy diesel for your truck... I might buy a 5 gallon can for my shop heater...

• Staff

Yep, I always buy from a place that I consider hi volume for that reason. The one tank I got bad was the first time I bought there, but there are always diesel rigs there. I was heading out for a 1,200 mile trip to Arizona and didn't want to detour to my usual spot, and since I was getting reimbursed I wasn't worried about the .20/gal difference.. well that taught me.