• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Cruise Control Issues

I have seen many topics about some 99s/00s having a 6spd and a standard output.

What I know I have:

6spd PCM

SO Pump

Vacuum Cruise

ECM I assume is the original Auto

What type of cruise would a 99/00 have w/6spd? Regardless, looks like I need the vin out of a truck like that to truly net possible results. Unsure how to structure a code since they are rare and havent seen anyone post a vin.

I believe Dodge started using the 6 speed in 99.  The used smaller input shaft and clutch in 99 and 00. The HO engine was introduced in 01 and the 6 speed was upgraded to a larger input sahft and clutch. These were mated to the HO engine. Some body please correct me if I am wrong but thats what I remeber.

The PCM I dont think is specific to a 6 speed just to manual trans, 5 or 6 speed. I think I would call ACS, a computer vendor in vendors list, and talk to them about the issue. The mismatched parts and may the wiring harness might be issues. 

Just now, dripley said:

I believe Dodge started using the 6 speed in 99.  The used smaller input shaft and clutch in 99 and 00. The HO engine was introduced in 01 and the 6 speed was upgraded to a larger input sahft and clutch. These were mated to the HO engine. Some body please correct me if I am wrong but thats what I remeber.

The PCM I dont think is specific to a 6 speed just to manual trans, 5 or 6 speed. I think I would call ACS, a computer vendor in vendors list, and talk to them about the issue. The mismatched parts and maybe the wiring harness might be issues.