• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Egt probe install mess up

So I installed a egt sensor when I got my adrenaline however long ago it was. Alls been fine up until last week. I noticed it was defueling very often with lots of throttle and I was hitting my 1200 egt limit very fast. I checked the fittings and the one that goes directly into the manifold is loose and I can hear a whistle. I’m worried to go any tighter because it would be at the very top of the threads and I’m worried it would make it too big to even hold the fitting at that point.  Is there any other type of fitting I can use that’s a size up but will still fit the adrenaline egt probe? 

Edited by ColoradoColt

I think Isspro will have the larger adapter fitting. You would need to drill it out and tap the next size, 1/4" if yours is 1/8". I doubt a pipe plug will seal either so that is out. If it would, you could drill another small hole for the adapter fitting you have. Pipe thread is tapered so you have to be careful and not go too deep with the tap. The deeper you go the bigger the threads. Fixing the hole you have with a larger one might be best so you don't drill another one.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...