• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Electrical Info Needed - for 1999 Ford F53 Motorhome Chassis

Hi all I have a 1998 Fleetwood Southwind sitting on a 1999 ford F52 Chassis.

I have the V10 6.8L SOHC 20V motor

I need to figure out which relay goes to my fuel pump.

Does anyone happen to have any knowledge or a manual for this vintage of F53 Motorhome Chassis electrical system?

I'm specifically looking for a diagram for the following items:

1) Diagram for Power Distribution Box under the hood

Power Distribution Box under hood cover.jpg

Power Distribution Box under hood inside.jpg

2) Diagram for fuse panel in the driver's side cockpit under the dash

Fuse Panel In Cab.jpg

I can't seem to find this info anywhere on the web.

• Owner

Best thing to do is contact the RV manufacture and see what they have to offer being the Ford chassis is sold as incomplete and its the RV responsibility to finalize the wiring maps and service manuals for the incomplete vehicle. This was a reason why I gave up my 1976 Dodge Motorhome (Class C). Dodge van head and then Fleetwood (I think) build the rest of the RV. Being Fleetwood would have all the info on that incomplete. You could look for Ford vans incomplete wiring map possibly find something. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Best thing to do is contact the RV manufacture and see what they have to offer being the Ford chassis is sold as incomplete and its the RV responsibility to finalize the wiring maps and service manuals for the incomplete vehicle. This was a reason why I gave up my 1976 Dodge Motorhome (Class C). Dodge van head and then Fleetwood (I think) build the rest of the RV. Being Fleetwood would have all the info on that incomplete. You could look for Ford vans incomplete wiring map possibly find something. 

Yea the RV Manufacture said it’s too old and they have no info.  Fleetwood RV sold to another company not too long ago.  The Ford dealer service department sent me to the parts department who sent me to the service department, a recursive loop to no info.

The company that publishes the Ford service manuals doesn’t make a manual for my chassis.

I ordered a book on Amazon should be here Wed.  Fingers crossed that it has what I am looking for in it.

The only free manual I could find is this 1995 Ford Class A owner manual. It might help some.

circuit breakers are on page 155. Fuel pump feed is #18 and or possibly #13.

fuses on page 147

The pages are off by about 3 or 4 so you have to think outside the box to find them:lol:

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Ford-Class-A-Chassis-3114896.html

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NIsaacs said:

The only free manual I could find is this 1995 Ford Class A owner manual. It might help some.

fuses on page 147

The pages are off by about 3 or 4 so you have to think outside the box to find them:lol:

Thanks I'll take a look.

3 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

fuses on page 147

I think this one may be correct.  I'm getting a book tomorrow that is for the 1999 I can double check with that, if that info is in there.  I think the fuel pump relay is #2

9 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Thanks I have a book coming tomorrow, if all goes well, for 1999 I'll be able to double check to see if this is correct.

I have 6 relays in my Power Distribution box these only show 5 so not too sure.

• Owner

Remember your Ford van head is a incomplete chassis since it is the RV manufacture might of added other subsystems to that. Still will keep you slightly in the dark. Like My old 1976 Dodge Jamboree had the factory fuse clip under the dash. Now the rest of the subsystem was behind the seat no wiring map or labels on anything. Lucky park my Dad was smart man and shoved all the manuals in a small cupboard above the fridge. 

Another thing you can try is searching for that year make and model of RV on the internet you might find PDF'ed manual for the RV side. I managed to do this for my current 2000 Jayco and got every manual for everything including the RV manual.

Take a peek...

Screenshot from 2020-12-23 06-11-44.png