• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Engine cranks, but no start.Update........Update to the update........

I just bought a 2002 Ram 3500 5.9 six speed manual a couple of weeks ago and drove it home. Went to start it a couple of days ago and it wouldn't start. Cranks but no start. Checked batteries and had 1 bad one one so I replaced both. Same issue with new batteries installed. checked codes. P0123 and P1694. Wait to start light does not illuminate and can not hear lift pump come on. I did the dash light test with the trip meter depressed and wait to start still doesn't illuminate. The only thing I did between when it was running and not running was hook up some wires to make the running boards lights work.

There is some evidence of rats chewing some wires but nothing around the Ecu or Pcm. Any help would be appreciated at this point!

Thanks, Paul

Update.......... Completed W-T's grounding Mod and it seems to have fixed the problem. Had to go in and clear codes to get rid of the cel, but it hasn't come back yet.

Update..... Well back to square one. Truck was running great, went to start it this morning and no wait to start light. Turned key off and then back on, WTS came on flickered then went off and stayed off. No start. No lift pump either. There were a couple of other grounds I didn't mess with so I'll start there. Starting to get frustrated!

Edited by Cal556
Update

Loosen one of the injector lines at the head and see if you any fuel to the engine while cranking. You may just have a small fuel leak somewhere and loosing prime in the system. the WTS light is concerning but try and eliminate simple things first.