• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pcm voltage issues

11 hours ago, dripley said:

be patient my friend. not the first change of government either of us have seen. Maybe these folks can sit at the table and actually talk.:pray: tryng to keep an open mind.

I can appreciate keeping an open mind. The way this next bunch likes to spend money we'll be keeping an open wallet too :mad:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao, holy crap this thread went off the rails while I was gone. Anyway I had some time to work on the cummins this weekend and I brought my snapon Verus home to do some diag work. When I checked the live data I had crank signal and cam sensor signal at the ECM. The engine speed matched what the tach was reading so went into the PCM with the scan tool and there is no engine speed/ crank reference signal at the PCM. I had the alternator fail and take out my PCM before and have already replaced the PCM and added an inline fuse to protect it from that happening again. I checked the gray/black wire at C1 pin 8 and there was only 200-300 millivolts instead of the 5ish expected. I attempted to perform a voltage drop test but the voltage readings at the ECM pin 45 was the same. I checked to see if the wire had shorted to ground by doing a resistance test to ground and with both connectors disconnected I probed both connectors and tested resistance to ground and had a reading of infinite ohms. I think I have a bad ECM unless there’s something I could have missed.  I already did the w-t ground mod and replaced all my battery cable ends and terminals with the military style terminals. I’m using optima batteries that are old but tested fine with my Autel battery tester.