• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

need help deciding on a turbo

• 1 month later...

Better late than never, but due to my turbo bearings going south, I finally made my decision on a turbo. 

My options were a 62/68/14, a 63/68/14 and a 63/73(74?)/12.

I chose the 62/68/14 based on my current take off technique while sled pulling. Needed to be fast spooling because I'm still running an organic dual disc clutch and don't want to roast it doing the long release like most do (sintered iron clutches can take a lot of heat..) I rev to about 2200 and more or less do a controlled clutch dump.. its slower than a side step but faster than a normal take off.. rpms drop to about 1800-2000 depending on what we are pulling on, then throttle to boards and go from there. I also chose it because I'm still driving the truck as a semi daily (at least before the turbo decided it was starting to have enough). 

Also getting valve springs, push rods, and 7x.011 (320 bar) injectors.  :burnout:

Thank you to @dieselautopower for all your help. With any luck I'll be able to add a few more trophies to the collection.   

• Like 2