• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cruise control

i recently got my truck on the road after replacing my ecm. everything worked just fine except my cruise control. It went nutty at the same time everything else did. the cruise light burns all the time but will not set. none of the the other controls function either.I replace the clockspring while i was trying to find the original problem. there are no codes thrown either. thought i might have connected the wires backwards in the steering wheel so i reversed them, no change. Any body got any ideas?

check your pedal switch(es) for proper adjustment.

by that do you mean the switches in the steering wheel and if so how do you adjust them?

--- Update to the previous post...

Mght check out your wires and connectors. It is work fine before the ECM change?:shrug:

It did work fine until the ecm took a crap. I did not clean the connection in the steering wheel when reconnecting, but did reverse the 2 connectors just to be sure i did not have them connected wrong. it did not change a thing. the cruise light remained on with nothing working but the light.

by that do you mean the switches in the steering wheel and if so how do you adjust them?

--- Update to the previous post...

It did work fine until the ecm took a crap. I did not clean the connection in the steering wheel when reconnecting, but did reverse the 2 connectors just to be sure i did not have them connected wrong. it did not change a thing. the cruise light remained on with nothing working but the light.

Have you checked your vacuum line off the vac pump? Does your 4wd work?:shrug:

Check it. Forgot yours is a 2002 without the CAD unit. Also does your vents only blow through the defrost?:shrug:

my vents blow thru every where they should, though i have always had heat thru the defrost even when the selector showed flor only. came thru the floor but also the defrost since new in 01.

my vents blow thru every where they should, though i have always had heat thru the defrost even when the selector showed flor only. came thru the floor but also the defrost since new in 01.

Well... umm.... I don't know. I thought maybe we would get lucky and just be a vac line off... But I guess after rereading your text again I see that isn't going to be the problem. I'm leaning towards a ECM problem since it worked before the change, now it doesn't work. Sure feels right but that doesn't mean that it is.:surrender:

Well... umm.... I don't know. I thought maybe we would get lucky and just be a vac line off... But I guess after rereading your text again I see that isn't going to be the problem. I'm leaning towards a ECM problem since it worked before the change, now it doesn't work. Sure feels right but that doesn't mean that it is.:surrender:

i thinkd the 4wd on my nv5600 is strictly mechanical, but isn't the cruise thru the pcm and not the ecm? do not know for sure. ihate computers.:cry:

I mean the plunger switch, like at the brake pedal arm. I've seen it (had the issue) where the brake pedal switch would be slightly out of adjustment (not enough to trip the brake lights on, though) causing the "CANCEL" circuit in the CC to be triggered; this would cause the CC not to 'SET'.

It is weird that it worked fine, prior..

So the "CRUISE" light goes on/off just fine, then? It just won't 'SET'?

I mean the plunger switch, like at the brake pedal arm. I've seen it (had the issue) where the brake pedal switch would be slightly out of adjustment (not enough to trip the brake lights on, though) causing the "CANCEL" circuit in the CC to be triggered; this would cause the CC not to 'SET'. It is weird that it worked fine, prior.. So the "CRUISE" light goes on/off just fine, then? It just won't 'SET'?

the cruise light stays on all the time. none of the controls do anything.