• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Water Damaged RV

• Owner

I've been working down in Lucile, ID on an RV. The RV is a 1979 South Wind with a Chevy 454 CID. This RV had been parked for over 13 years up Race Creek Road. Then Jim bought the RV for $700 dollars. Quick re-cap I got busy fixing the engine enough to drive it from Race Creek to Riggins, filled with fuel, and drove out to Lucile. Now, this winter I started working on it again but now doing water damage repair. I brought a friend in Mark Hall to help out. So now the RV has water leaks from both the roof and from around the awning. After cutting into the wall from the inside and inspecting everything we opened up quite a bit trying to get to solid wood and steel frame. Spent pretty much an entire day just tearing out the cabinets, seating, and a table. Just to get access to the wall. I'll get photos tomorrow when I'm back at work on the RV.

Never know what I might be working on next... :whistle:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Yeah that would be optimal but hes such a long was from here and at least I've got Mark which has done several interior repairs and water leak repairs. Kind of racing against time with weather and temperatures. Lucile area is about another 1,200 feet lower than my place I've already seen temps as low as 26*F here. Lucile is more rain than snow and typically stays above freezing but not always. 

• Owner

Yeah I know... It's not fun we managed to get the passenger side house window removed. Had to fix the center post since the rivet rusted out and the glass strip was crushed under the glass. Rebuilt a majority of the passenger wall now and got the window re-installed in the wall just before weather started to change on us. Being it snowed last night and more snow on the way this week it might just close down our efforts for a bit. 

• Like 1