• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Twisted Brake Hose Situation

Is there a preferred brand to replace with? I’ve always been intrigued with the braided stainless hoses but they don’t seem to get much love on here. Btw-had a local shop check my brakes for me not 3 weeks ago while I was in for another repair. Said everything was good. Yikes.

I’m gonna go by there tomorrow and point it out…they’ll make up some plausible deniability, I’ll leave, they’ll laugh. Bc they are losers. I feel bad for them.  If by some chance they apologize profusely and offer to fix it I will report back and gladly be the loser for a day. 

As a professional mechanic I have seen this a few times over the years.  Sad to say only one guy fessed up to being the one who did it. Guy had brought the car in for tires. Tire guys told me to have a look "something don't look right". We showed the customer, He told me he had done brakes a week before. I flipped the caliper for "good customer service" . Heck the tire was already off and hose was not damaged.  

In your case that hse is toast. Replace both front hoses at the same time, at this age they are due. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone has ready made steel braided hoses for our trucks.  I have them on my 67 mustang as they came with the disc brake conversion kit I installed.  I guess the steel braiding helps stop the hose from expanding under lots of pressure keeping all the force going towards squeezing the rotor.  I couldn't tell you if there was a difference as I don't drive my car that hard or often enough to have had to react to the many idiots roaming the streets.  

• Staff

4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Thanks IB, tempted to go this route. I understand I shouldn’t expect any additional stopping power, but perhaps a firmer better brake feel. I’d be happy with that. Now the question is, are they on back order?

• 2 weeks later...