• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finland Lapland trip

wil440

We got back from our 5 day Finland / Lapland trip at 8.10pm last night after a 2 hour drive from Heathrow airport to home.

Bearing in mind we don't get snow here in the UK much now.

Plane from Heathrow to Helsinki took 3hrs 55mins, flew over Denmark which we are visiting in May for my brother in laws 70th who has lived in Denmark for over 40 years.

Transfer at Helsinki to Ivalo airport which was over an hour then an hour coach to Kakslautenen in Finnish Lapland all the time heading north into the artic circle, arrived at around 8.30pm. was dark but realised there was nothing but pine forests with real log cabin buildings, some of the logs were 2ft across and 50ft long easily, snow was 4ft deep everywhere.

Over the 4 full days we were there we went husky mushing ( they are fast ) me driving :duh: my wife holding on for dear life in the sled

Reindeer safari at night and yes the Northern Lights made an appearance

Snowmobile trip

All was in pine forest miles away from anything 

No TV, no news, sporadic internet but I never even set my phone up to use it

Temps on first day was -16c but it did warm up over the 4 days to -6c, Finnish people are crazy, they sauna till nearly fainting then go jump in a hole cut in the ice on frozen lakes

SAM_3418.JPG

SAM_3429.JPG

SAM_3457.JPG

SAM_3524.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1