• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering wheel off center (easy to adjust?)

Hey everybody, I just about have all my steering troubles fixed (thanks @Mopar1973Man for the steering box tightening tips!). However, my steering wheel is still slightly off-center/crooked. I found a video showing how to remove the steering wheel, so is it simple enough to remove the steering wheel and  adjust it a few degrees to the right? Or is it more complicated? 

truck steering wheel.jpg

• Owner

Super simple. Under the truck the drag link from the pitman arm to the right tire is the adjustment point. So drive straight up to the a parking spot and stop. Set the parking brake and dont lock he steering wheel. Now loosen the clamps on the drag link and adjust one direction or another till the steering wheel is centered. Tighten the clamp and test drive. Repeat if needed.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 8:31 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Super simple. Under the truck the drag link from the pitman arm to the right tire is the adjustment point. So drive straight up to the a parking spot and stop. Set the parking brake and dont lock he steering wheel. Now loosen the clamps on the drag link and adjust one direction or another till the steering wheel is centered. Tighten the clamp and test drive. Repeat if needed.

Cool cool. I'll work on this when I get some time!