• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV air conditioner questions

• Staff

So we have a 1994 Coachman 5th wheel. It has ducted a/c in the roof. It works fine, my goal is to change the thermostat for the HVAC to possibly digital. When I do this is there a way to have the a/c shut off when the compressor is not engaged? Presently the fan runs constant wether or not the compressor is engaged or not. I'd like to have the entire unit shut off if the compressor is not running if possible.

I figured it would be a little more energy efficient that way and the noise from the fan running all the time would also be cut down quite a bit.

To further this, is there a way to set up a "climate control" type thermostat to where a person could set the desired temperature and the thermostat would turn on either a/c or the furnace to achieve set temp?

Just curious, I want to change the t-stat anyway as it's pretty old (oem to the camper) and question it's accuracy. Thought was, if I need to change it why not an upgrade?

If it's going to be to involved to do I'll just leave it the way it is.