• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Good rear 2nd Gen bench seat covers to hold up to dogs?

• Owner

I created my own solution back when I had Diesel the Dobbie. I just covered the seat with like a nylon fabric and then cut a piece of plywood the shape of the seat and then screwed carpet to the board. That way Diesel had a way to hang on and get grip without damaging the cover. Then the board could be hosed off to get the hair and pet accidents off. The cover I just threw in the washer once a month. 

I just seen another version in a customers truck that in the yard that is the same kind of fabric as well and it drapes from the back of the front seat to the rear seats but easy for a pet to tear up being there is no board or carpet for the pet to hang on too. 

I paid the big money when I first got my truck 80k miles ago, and bought the Cover Craft brand. They have held up very well to dogs, spilled coffee, tools in back pockets, etc. Haven't washed them much at all, just a damp rag once or twice a year, and spilled coffee still doesn't soak through. I believe they were billed as water proof or resistant when I bought them in 2017.