• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1999 24 valve with a 2001 Wiring harness!

I have just build a 2006 Ford E 350 van with a 24 valve cummins / Allison trans and a 4x4 conversion. I got the engine from an auctioned truck (2001) on the title. Have it running and driving but in limp mode so far. Cam sensor code, After alot of messing around I called cummins and they told me the engine number and ecm p/n are for 1999 but my harness wiring colors tell me it is off the 2001. I have both diagrams printed out and seen the number 9 pin was empty and should be for the cam signal on a 99 so I got a pin from cummins installed it tagged into the grounds and 5 v  with a new pig tail and hooked cam and crank up as I think it is meant to be but still throw cam codes. I am spinning my wheels what to do next!

325147656_1963303107395254_3848566503703671287_n.jpg

Edited by Dan Bajema
miss spell