• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New High Idle Switch has been developed.  Thank you Mopar1973Man for your help in this project.  If you order one from DAP please put Mopar1973Man in the highlighted field and DAP will credit/donate funds Mopar1973Man to help with his cancer treatments and other miscellaneous costs.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/quadzilla-power-high-idle-switch.html

image.png.63146868f87734d585c753df0596e36f.png

Product description

Quadzilla Power High Idle Switch

Faster warm up

Improved Economy in cold weather 

Reduce cylinder wash during extended idling 

The Quadzilla Power High Idle Switch will manually engage the 24 valve Cummins High idle feature or MPG Mode.
It will allow for the use of 6 Cylinder High Idle and 3 Cylinder High Idle modes.
*These features can be enabled in the ECM of any VP44 Cummins Powered Dodge Ram Diesel Truck.
This easy to install High Idle will mount almost anywhere in the cab and allow you to easily enable the Cummins High Idle Feature regardless of the outside temperature. Since we enable the factory warmup Modes you can rest assured that no damage will be done to your engine or computer.

The 6 Cylinder High Idle and 3 Cylinder High Idle modes will greatly reduce warmup time in your Cummins Powered 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Truck on the Coldest of Mornings. Typical warm-up time on a stock 2nd Gen Dodge Ram truck with the High idle switch is 5-10 minutes, depending on configuration, to get Engine Coolant Temps above 140*.

The Quadzilla Power High Idle Kit also allows you to enable the Cummins 6 Cylinder High Idle mode indefinitely for prolonged idle time to prevent cylinder wash-down or to assist with the need for more electrical draw from light bars or jump starting another vehicle.  (Remember to unplug any tuner first to avoid damage from voltage spikes/surges during jump starting)

Settings:

Off: Stock ECM programming 

MPG: Advanced timing removed in cold weather for MPG improvement

6 CYL: 6 cylinder high idle

3 CYL: 3 cylinder high idle

Quadzilla Adrenaline high idle with need to be disabled Before using 3 & 6 cylinder settings. 

* To enable high idle requires the truck to have had an ECM update. This can be done by the dealer, installing or uninstalling some popular tuners that download the file to the ECM.  Contact Quadzilla Power if you have questions or need assistance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
3 hours ago, kbf98520 said:

Do I need a Quadzilla tuner for this switch

No. Quadzilla is not required.

3 hours ago, kbf98520 said:

and when I get one in the future is this switch necessary?

No.

The switch is my design. I developed it to allow you to control the Cummins ECM high idle software. So if you looking to warm up your Cummins quickly then this switch is for you. There are other tricks like using the 6 cyl mode for keeping the alternator up while jump starting. Using 6 cyl mode for cool a hot truck off before jumping in the summer. Don't get wrapped up solely on just warming up but there are several other things a high idle kit can do. 

Yes, this switch can be used with a Quadzilla Adrenaline too.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2024 at 12:21 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

No. Quadzilla is not required.

No.

The switch is my design. I developed it to allow you to control the Cummins ECM high idle software. So if you looking to warm up your Cummins quickly then this switch is for you. There are other tricks like using the 6 cyl mode for keeping the alternator up while jump starting. Using 6 cyl mode for cool a hot truck off before jumping in the summer. Don't get wrapped up solely on just warming up but there are several other things a high idle kit can do. 

Yes, this switch can be used with a Quadzilla Adrenaline too.

Ok, thanks for that.  I’ve read some places that an ECM update is required? This is a dealer thing?