• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mystery Plug - Head Light Assembly

Two similar questions figured I'd combine them. I've had this truck for almost a year now and in the process of fixing some minor and major things. First is the passenger side headlight has some play in it, enough that it can, at times, be noticeable when driving. The assembly itself has a threaded alignment pin on the back, see the attached picture for reference. When I wiggle it compared to the drivers side headlight, this appears to be where the play is. After removing the market light you can get a couple fingers back there and the driver side one appears to have some sort of retainer, a clip or something that hold this pin tight. Does this sound right? Since there is barely any access back there it can't be nut right? Its hard to tell just by feeling but it feels like something is on that pin. The headlight replacement videos I've watched do not mention anything special about this, Any help is appreciated.

Second question - With the front bumper off, on the passenger side just below the headlight there is a wiring plug with the other end broken off inside it, See second picture. I haven't inspected it real close yet but tomorrow I should have some time to pull the broken end out. It appears to go into the same loom as the head. Any ideas?  

Screenshot 2024-03-12 224350.png

IMG_0381.JPEG

Can you give more detail about the year and model of your truck?

As for the loose headlight - the piece that  you are seeing is not a nut, but a metal clip that holds tension on the guide pin that you circled in the photo.  The clip may be missing on the right headlight.

As far as the mystery wire connection - the year and any other pertinent information about your truck is needed.  For example, on my 2002 truck there is no connector there, just a continuous wire loom at that location.

- John

• Like 1