• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OK guys, my engine stalling when the put in drive is back with the winter fuel blend.

Well i spoke to DTT, and they said if i cover the cost of shipping that they will gladly take the trans in and give it a once over.So it looks like ima pulling my transmission. This time i am doing it. Screw PATS and their crap.:thumb1:

• 1 month later...

So, i finally got the trans out of the truck today and several noted issues arose today.

1. I was missing two bell housing bolts, along with 1 cross member bolt, a transfer case bolt.

2. only 2 of the 5 remaining bell housing bolts were even tight, the other 3 were easily taken off by hand with ratchet. When i say loose i mean just no effort was needed to break it loose.

3. one item of concern is the amount of play between my TC and the flex plate, something that i'll discuss with DTT.

Oh and the -=-=-=- Spacer was installed, HAHAHAHPosted Image

I really have no clue why it was there but it was.

good news is that the outer shaft on the input shaft was nice and solid, however the inside one was free moving.Posted Image

Oh and for those of you looking to d0 this, PLEASE put some shims between your cross member and the front of the engine, mine came to rest into the radiator after i got the trans out.Posted Image

• 2 months later...

I spoke to DTT today and several things came out and nothing new was learned.However they want to raise my trucks TC stall from 500 rpm lower to 200 lower. I also had a discussion with some guys over on cf about the effects of cam and crank sensors on engine stalling, and the weird bouncy tach signal. Which leads me to believe its possible that old sensors are causing the engine to not read everything correctly.Several people have came forward with example of how replacing their sensors actually fixed issues with the tach bouncing up and down rapidly, which i assumed was because of the TC springs bouncing back and forth.So DTT said that the trans was fine, but was missing some parts, which once again leads me back to square one.the goal now is once i get the trans back ill install it with the 500 rpm lower stall and take her for a spin to see where i am, and if the stalling issues persist.

Pepsi just watched your video on the stalling issue. My truck also stalls when cold 32f and colder, but my engine really puts up a fight, truck lungges, momentary exhaust/engine noise, puff of smoke from exhaust. It acts just like dumping the clutch in a standard with the brakes applied. From what I could tell in your video when you put the truck in gear its mor like the engine just shuts down, seems like the governor doesn't even try to keep engine running.

that is why i can't figure this out, but i spke to dtt and trans is on its way back. this time around i plan to swap the trans in before i send them my TC (they want me to exchange it out for a higher stall one), mean while. can i ask what your truck idles at rpm wise? is it the 850 that Cummins states, or is it the 750 that shows up on the tach. AND, i plan on replacing the sensors if this guy at this thread shows improvement with his wavering tach. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/531919-why-does-do-start-up-idle.html