• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got totaled years prior

Ripped out the batteries with the quadzilla still hooked up and it arched for like 6" or more till I got it high enough it stopped.. so without calling quadzilla do you guys know what's up there? Is it the ecm & wiring harness or one or the other? 

Where can I find new/remaned TIPMS????

I've been looking for awhile. I'm considering like local auto parts stores but I didn't find any new ones online...

So I'm thinking like DORMAN / all those kinds of remanufactures maybe hopefully!!!! But if you have a direct link please post it !!!!!

So I've found a few junk yards that say call for a quote on remanded axels. I have the 3.54's and love them. Actually baught a fully loaded 4.10 1999 but shortly after getting it or maybe at the time of purchase/ before I remembered hearing about the 4.10 axels only being able to fit shallow 3.73's into them so I just sold it XD

I'm super counting on y'all for tipms.

Want to stock up on spare parts for this also if you have a link for TIPMS.. 

So I'm just waiting for your input on thus.

I also heard I can get any cab from 1998 -2002 in the 2nd gen body style and they'll swap right over. But I heard the 3500 DRW's have a slightly different frame design from the SRW frames so I wanted to find out the fitment before I just go grab a gasser parts truck. 

THANK YOU, anyone who's able to verify and post LINKS to TIPMS or info for rebuild kits or something...

The only other thing I was curious about I heard, I thought @Mopar1973Mandid a write up about the long winding coil under the dash to short or fry the truck after a certain period of time... it's been forever, was curious if there's a fix for that problem so I don't have to find myself on the side of the road or one magical day. 

I read dodge made these trucks to be a throw away object... with that cord + the negative in front of the block that either there or isn't there at all... 

Thank you another 53 block owner :P

• Confused 1

• Staff

There isn't a TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) on a 2nd gen, only on the 3rd gen trucks, which still have the ECM on the engine as well for the Cummins engine. 

You have the PCM on the firewall, and ECM on the Cummins engine. 

The 1500, 2500, and 3500 cabs are the same dimensions - regular cab to regular cab frame, and quad cab to quad cab frame. 

The frames are the same width, except for maybe the Cab and Chassis model. There was some hearsay about the frames having thicker walls on the 2500 and 3500 pickups, but nobody has proven that theory yet that I've seen.

The front suspension is beefier to support the Cummins engine weight, and the Cummins powered pickups use 3" wide leaf springs vs 2-1/2" wide on the gas trucks.