• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Electrical problem I think

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I need some help troubleshooting my truck. I’m gone for weeks at a time for work so when I leave I disconnect my passenger side battery, leave the drivers side on because it’s shot anyway. When I came home from work I connected the passenger side battery and my fass started running like the key was on. I went in the truck and the gauge cluster was powered on as well. When I put the key in and turned the Ignition on, the wait to start light didn’t come on, tried to start it and crank no start. I turned the key off and the fass kept running and the cluster stayed powered up. Only way I can get the truck to start is if I disconnect the batteries, and put only the passenger side one on, then when I turn the key on the wait to start light comes on, truck starts, but runs rough and oil pressure gauge reads no oil pressure. I have a quadzilla wired into the drivers side battery, truck is a 2000. When the key is out of the truck with the ignition off the cluster is always powered on and fass stays running. Codes that came up when it happened are P1689, P0238, P0236, P0382, P0380

Edited by White wondee