• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hello, my nv4500 hd transmission broke.cant afford to buy one.i do have a standard duty transmission from a 2001 2500 v8 lying around.my question is can i swap the front input shaft from the hd tranny to the standard duty tranny without any modication or changing anything else?thanks!

hello, my nv4500 hd transmission broke. cant afford to buy one. i do have a standard duty transmission from a 2001 2500 v8 lying around. my question is can i swap the front input shaft from the hd tranny to the standard duty tranny without any modication or changing anything else? thanks!

If it an nv4500 you could do a swap, just make sure it doen't have a counterbalance weight inside the tail shaft and make sure the shafts are the same. Some GM applications add a counterbalance weight inside the tailshaft of the tranny, I am not sure if the Mopar gassers had one or not, I don't think they do but make sure and check. If it in there you will need to remove it"Its pressed onto the output shaft and can be a bugger to get out". If you put a tranny behind a GM diesel without the weight it will break the crankshaft, I have seen it happen. What is wrong with the NV4500? any do it yourselfer can rebuild them with ease and parts are fairly cheap and common.