• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

espanton

sd nv4500 transmission

espanton    0
espanton

hello, my nv4500 hd transmission broke.cant afford to buy one.i do have a standard duty transmission from a 2001 2500 v8 lying around.my question is can i swap the front input shaft from the hd tranny to the standard duty tranny without any modication or changing anything else?thanks!

smokeythedodge    0
smokeythedodge

measure the input shaft, pretty sure both are 1 1/4"

Wild and Free    1,107
Wild and Free

hello, my nv4500 hd transmission broke. cant afford to buy one. i do have a standard duty transmission from a 2001 2500 v8 lying around. my question is can i swap the front input shaft from the hd tranny to the standard duty tranny without any modication or changing anything else? thanks!

If it an nv4500 you could do a swap, just make sure it doen't have a counterbalance weight inside the tail shaft and make sure the shafts are the same. Some GM applications add a counterbalance weight inside the tailshaft of the tranny, I am not sure if the Mopar gassers had one or not, I don't think they do but make sure and check. If it in there you will need to remove it"Its pressed onto the output shaft and can be a bugger to get out". If you put a tranny behind a GM diesel without the weight it will break the crankshaft, I have seen it happen. What is wrong with the NV4500? any do it yourselfer can rebuild them with ease and parts are fairly cheap and common.