• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need a head guru

I'm looking to get another head for my 01 HO just so I can have it already to go when I change my head gasket don't want any issues when I get into it now I found a head with low miles sounds like a pretty good deal the only thing is that it's from a 98 24v now will this work on my HO??? Thanks

whats it cost to get head work done eg head off machined new gaskett installed and (if existing head gaskett issue) head off machined O-RINGED cleaned (radiator and other leaks etc from blown head gask) new gaskett installed :shrug:

If it's leaking were i think it is,the corner where the thermostat sits it probly has'nt lost a cylinder seal. thats where mine was leaking,just checked head for warpage new OEM gasket and done.:2cents:

Do you need to get the truck back up super quickly or are you a pessimist? (Or do you have reason to suspect a serious problem the will require head replacement anyway? It just seems that cleaning the head up & putting it back would be much cheaper. If the head fits, as the others have stated, that's fine... You end up with a spare head to store or resell...Russ