• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
ROAD RAGE

Hy/Boost Question

Is there a check valve in the power steering pump to the booster line/or line it self ?????? The reason I ask is mine, (after setting awile) Starts losing fluid out the fill cap.This is the second time this has happen.Is this normal for this truck or is there a problem? I'm thinking I need to drive it more.:pray::pray:Thanks Ed............................................

Yes the power steering fluid, It's leaking out the cap, (on the pump) I was thinking:duh: beening the booster was higher than the pump the problem was it's draining back down and over filling the pump housing after setting awile. Ed.................

or maybe some trap air bubbles?did you just flush a fluid change or something?wonder why?:shrug:

--- Update to the previous post...

now that is a video that i would like to see..is the correct way of getting out all of the fluid so new could go back in.:thumb1:

Na, Havent done nothing.It's did this before after sitting for awile. Now when I start it, It'll be low on power steering fluid. The truck sits in a heated garage around 60deg. It been in the same spot for a month, (not started) all of a sudden looked under the truck and it has power steering all over the floor. Checked fluid leval and its over full....... EDIT;That's why I'm thinking it's draining down/back into the power steering pump housing..........

Na, Havent done nothing. It's did this before after sitting for awile. Now when I start it, It'll be low on power steering fluid. The truck sits in a heated garage around 60deg. It been in the same spot for a month, (not started) all of a sudden looked under the truck and it has power steering all over the floor. Checked fluid leval and its over full.......