• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I spoke to moparman this evening as I was being tow-strapped back home from Melbourne to Orlando by my friend's Duramax. :duh:I had zero symptoms of any problem before this afternoon. While towing my fifth wheel camper home from a race, on flat, level ground as is usual for Florida, I had an instantaneous loss of power. I shifted into neutral and coasted the rig off to the shoulder, and tried to restart. It cranked endlessly but would not fire. I decided to crack the #1 injector open to see if I was getting any fuel, and saw none. Ditto cylinders 3 and 4.Then I cycled the key and verified that I could hear the lift pump operating, and could. I loosened the pressure regulator banjo bolt to see if fuel was getting to the pump, and plenty of fuel poured out. The only code I was able to retrieve from the "key trick" was a P1963.At that point I didn't know what else to do, so I called a friend with a hitch to come get the trailer, and we pulled the truck to a nearby Walmart to park it while we took the trailer home. After getting back to the Walmart several hours later, I attempted to start the truck and much to my surprise it fired right up. No smoke, no funny noises, nothing, until I gave it a little gas, and then it felt like it was completely defueling and wouldn't rev over 1200rpm from an idle of ~800.So, we strapped up and headed out. Getting strap-towed nearly 70 miles was a first for me, but it was uneventful. Now that it's home, I hooked up the autotap and got the following:P0251 P1689P1688So, is the IP toast like I think, or is it something cheaper and easier to fix?

• Owner

hello and welcome to the site!!

--- Update to the previous post...

i see that you don't have your sig filled out...so if you have the stock lift pump..it needs to be tossed and get a good pusher pump.fass and airdog come to mind because they have a lifetime warranty..3/8's or 1/2" fuel lines and put it on a 2 cycle diet..1 oz. to 1 gallon is the correct ratio.with doing all of this there is a day and night difference and you will be glad that you did this.:thumb1:

I have in fact had it on a 2-stroke diet, although nowhere near 1oz/gal. I had been reading elsewhere that people were doing something like 6-8oz/tank, so that's what I was doing. I have the stock, block-mounted LP, so it never even had the factory "upgrade" or whatever it's called done to it...

• Owner

At 200:1 ratio the HFRR score is low any ways... That why the 128:1 ratio was taken because it exceeds the orignal requirements for fuel lubricity by Bosch...

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure 128:1 is less than 400 HFRR socre...

Posted Image

200:1 Ratio scored a worse case at 474 HFRR...

Todays fuel at ~520 HFRR which is marginal at best! :duh:

Then...

Posted Image