• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auto Trans Cracking

jlwelding

Mines cracked too. Usually from out of balance or vibration.My Tcase front half cracked too.Either Tcase made tail-housing crack or tailhousing made Tcase crack from vibration or out of balance.Before I put my new tranny in I have to put a new tcase housing on at the same time.

Many years ago, I had a 84 Ford Ranger (Natural 2.2) 2WD, 4sp. {Madza built Perkins} The transmission cracked near the tail. The trans shop insisted the bell housing had loosened from when the used dealer had done the clutch just prior to my purchase. The transmission shop tried welding it. It came apart a few weeks later & I gave up on the truck. (I've since heard some creative souls changed the output shafts & used the Madza 5 Speeds. Frankly the truck needed a turbo... Point is, some looseness might allow a misalignment... or something was coming apart, causing the vibration. Hope this helps.Russ

He needs to get the drive shaft balanced and check the u-jounts and hanger bearing. The bottoming out excuse is as lame as they come, won't happen.:clap:If the T-case is cracking the CV joint on back of front drive shaft goes bad and causes this most times but drive shaft balance and bad u-jounts can do it also.

• 3 weeks later...