• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I got the sudden urge to creep underneath the truck earlier, and discovered an oil leak at the end of the transmission where the driveline connects. There's a gasket there and that's where the oil is leaking from. There's a drip there, I don't even wanna know how much fluid I've already lost just from driving it. Luckily I caught it in time and know it's there now. Anybody know what I'm talkin about? How hard of a fix is this?

That would be the end of the Transfercase. There is just a seal there that the slip yoke of the driveshaft slips into. You will not loose enough oil from that seal to hurt anything. The oil drain and fill plugs are on the left side on the back and are allen head plugs requireing allen wrenches to remove. just remove the top one and top it off. the t-case only holds 3.5 quarts of ATF. Or just change the fluid. You can replace the seal but generally unless you take the t-case apart and replace the output shaft bushing it will always have just a drip hanging from it. Don't worry about it unless it starts leaving puddles. I have replaced many many of these and they always have a drip of oil hanfing off it no matter what.

Thank you very much!

It couldn't have been there for very long, there's no residual or dry oil around it. Looks like it's a few days fresh.

As for the fix, Does it require a tear down of the transfer case for the seal?

--- Update to the previous post...

oh, nevermind.