• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Engine Rewiring

Yeah don't sweat the small stuff. its ok if you need to step on the brake pedal to turn on the high beams or flip the dimmer switch to activate the wipers or push the cig lighter in for window washer fluid you'll figure it all out and learn to live with it.:lmao::lmao2::lol: Years ago I worked for a Komatsu equipment dealership and had the misfotune to get a project much like this one. Had to install a cab riser kit on a pc 400 excavator. youve seen them at salvage yards the ones with the cab way up high. well there are many ecms on them and I had to build and route many ecm harnesses to accomodat the cab riser. There are no kits for that every thing was home made about exactly what you are doing now only on a bigger scale.

I've had to track them all down so many times that I pretty well know how every single thing on that truck is wired. How big the wire size on everything is, all of it. So now I can add wiring to my list of things I'm not afraid to do anymore on my truck. I keep doing things like this because I want to know what to do when I end up on the side of the road. I haven't had a single problem with the truck but I am hoping my effort pays off and the whole thing leaves me stranded so I can have a chance to fix it. I don't see why I have to always fix everyone else's stuff, why won't mine break for once :lmao: It's depressing really :lmao2: Bad part is, all I really have left to take apart is basically the p7100. I am a little sketchy on taking all the bolts out of it. I think it is simpler than I am thinking but I don't want it to end up costing me $1000 if I screw something up.

I got it done today. Well not really. I got it to the point that all I got left is the battery cable connections and alternator connection so I just jumpered it all up with jumper cables to see if anything actually worked.Everything somehow worked, EXCEPT, the WTS/WIF/Check Engine/GEN lights were all on, the RPM doesn't work, not sure what else, everything else seemed to work fine. According to the schematics, there is this "sensor ground" that shoots off the PCM to all those things I listed that don't work, well I said hell with that and just ran all of those to a normal ground. I am thinking it needs to go through the PCM for some reason. I didn't think it would matter but I guess it does. Will just have to use dads truck to pull the trailer tomorrow, at least its only 40 miles away. I will fiddle with it through the week and hopefully get it perfected.As for pics, ehhhh, it looks like crap. The wires are all too long, there are a million wires more than I expected.... I might take one later on in the week but I am to the point to where I just threw it together and am awaiting plan B. Now that I know what not to do I can do it right, but I think it will be a long time before I take it back apart, unless I buy another cummins.

• Owner
:doh: D'Oh! I could of told you that one about the grounds... :rolleyes: Dang... So close but so far away... The sensor base there grounds on PCM grounds not body gorund. Same with ECM on the 24V truck they base off the ECM ground not body ground. This is why its so critical for grounds to the PCM/ECM be in good condition because the internal ground that the ECM/PCM create are based off them.

Well that sucks. I used a ground bus bar and it is about the only thing that turned out good. Now I gotta undo half of them.I can't believe everything worked though. I cut a LOT of connections out, a lot of connectors, a lot of wires I didn't even put back. Still, what a PITA lol. I am planning on drawing out a layout of every wire and getting it all on paper next time so I know how everything will work. It actually looks perfect from about the brake reservoir and over to the passenger side. I won't get into how the other foot looks :mad: