• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The low side switch is down near the compressor right ? Only part I don't get is if it was leaking shouldn't you pick up some dye ?? Will check it tho - so thanks for tip. Let me get back to you on the line - don't suppose you wan to sell just the low side - as I have a NEW high side - but thanks for the lead - I wanna see if I can plug it first and see what happens to my vacuum and AC. Couldn't find that part number on the couple sites I checked ....... hoping this is it ....... :):thumb1:

Yes sir the switch is on the line near the compressor. The lines that I are the ones that come off the back of the compressor! Which line are you thinking that you might need?

Yes sir the switch is on the line near the compressor. The lines that I are the ones that come off the back of the compressor! Which line are you thinking that you might need?

Basically the line from the evaporator/heater to the compressor with the LOW side schraeder valve (for filling up with freon) :)

Send me a pic of the line you think is leaking if you can! Sorry about the long response time! Ended up having to make a run to Rome, GA its been a long day! Still have 4 hrs left ahead of me!

Pic attached ... I have the cap off at the moment and it's plugged with black gasket maker ;)

post-10132-1386981774_thumb.jpg

Ok that line is the manifold line! It goes to the back of the compressor an is held to the back of the compressor with one bolt in the center, the other line goes to the condensor core in front of the intercooler. That is the manifold lines that run roughly 140 at the part stores or ill let u have for 75 plus shipping they are brand new!

CoolI just put the gasket seal in last night and gonna monitor it and see if I pickup any more dye and if ac lasts a bit more. I'll get back at you friggin hope that's it :) How often should the clutch typically cycle when running normally on good pressure and freon levels ?

Ok thx guys - hoping it's this line ... Have plugged it with gasket maker and going to see if the air holds .... If it does then I will have more confidence this is the issue rather than chasing my tail again ... Thx

Well back to 80 degree ac - :banghead: Not sure what else to do. Blacklighted the hell out of it. Thinking I will have to take to shop with someone that has a freon detector. Mike/W&F - how did you add the air to the system - was thinking I could try this and SOAP but not sure how to add it to the coupling. BUt don't see how this will work with such a small leak - 10 days. :shrug:

• Owner

How I did it was use a rubber tipped blow gun and place it on the nipple of the high side fitting and load er' up. 100 PSI and get soaping the system. If you have enough air in the system it will cycle the compressor and circulate the oil and UV dye so if you wanting to use the blacklight and look again go for it.

Moving away from the manifold/low pressure line being issue. I plugged her up and still lost ac. Only place I haven't been thorough with is the compressor. It has dye but it never looked wet or much of it so assumed Old leak. So gonna clean down with carb cleaner and regas and see if dye comes back. Questions* can you get compressor rebuilt locally ? * is it similar to take off to alternator just loosen pulley belt tensioner and degas and unbolt and disconnect switch ? * how about pulling the lines out of back of it and new seals ? Thx

• Owner

* can you get compressor rebuilt locally ? * is it similar to take off to alternator just loosen pulley belt tensioner and degas and unbolt and disconnect switch ? * how about pulling the lines out of back of it and new seals ?

As for the compressor rebuilt... I don't know... As for Compressor removal its simple... Drain the system, pull the belt, pull the 1 bolt holding the lines on and then pull the 4 bolts out that hold it to the engine. New seals can be had at NAPA for about $11 buck and it allows for all them to be replaced...

As for the compressor rebuilt... I don't know... As for Compressor removal its simple... Drain the system, pull the belt, pull the 1 bolt holding the lines on and then pull the 4 bolts out that hold it to the engine. New seals can be had at NAPA for about $11 buck and it allows for all them to be replaced...

Thx mate Cleaned it all down and see if any dye shows ..... Now looking for a lead on cheap but good used compressor .... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the ones I've been buying for years!

Yeah I ended up buying one off a wrecked 2000 dudally for $78 shipped. So hopefully that will be that - but saw this just before. Looks like its my compressor - moral of the story is make sure you clean everything down (so you know whats a new leak) and you have good black light with the goggles. I used what the mecahnic used and it showed up a fair bit mor ethan my straight blacklight ...... here's hoping !!! About to move to CA for a new job. AC would be great for summer