• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ugly Ricer headlights; AKA fleabay projectors

I haven't really finished, but figured I'd throw up a thread anyway. I haven't had them out for a test ride yet but I was fed up with ____ factory lights and didn't want to put a bunch of extra lights up there, so here's the new ricey hotness :lmao:

yay boxes of crap!

Posted Image

old and busted

Posted Image

new hotness in a box

Posted Image

Wiring relays while I'm at it. After looking at the high and low patterns I was 90% sure I'd want to be able to run both on high, so I'll get a diode to trigger the low beam relay from the output of the high relay. Without the diode, the low trigger lights the high beams. Ask me how I know :doh:

Posted Image

Naked!

Posted Image

Ricey.... But not as bad as I'd feared.

Posted Image

Posted Image

low only

Posted Image

high only

Posted Image

both beams

Posted Image

Sorry, no halo shots yet. The beam is a bit messy. Alignment doesn't look too bad with no tweaking yet... Bulb changes and alignment adjustment will both be a NIGHTMARE.

I need a diode to finish wiring up the 4 bulb system but that will give me a chance to test what it looks like with 2 bulbs lit on high or low. The way the patterns line up, I think it's really meant to be a 4 bulb system with the highs filling in over the e-code pattern projector lows.

H1 bulbs everwhere; I thought I had a set of HIDs to throw in the lows but I couldn't find them, so it's the cheap halogens that came with them.

Hmm... I'm still mulling all this over, in my head.. I'm undecided as to whether or not I like them..I bought the OE replacements from ebay for like $70 shipped, pair, with side markers. They're 10x better than my originals..

I need a diode to finish wiring up the 4 bulb system but that will give me a chance to test what it looks like with 2 bulbs lit on high or low. The way the patterns line up, I think it's really meant to be a 4 bulb system with the highs filling in over the e-code pattern projector lows. H1 bulbs everwhere; I thought I had a set of HIDs to throw in the lows but I couldn't find them, so it's the cheap halogens that came with them.

you dont need a diode post-10070-13869817636_thumb.jpg switch your relays around and that way the high beam relay pin 30 can split its output to the low beam relay pin 87a without back feeding the rest of the circuit. obviously I made this for a hid with projector but really just change hid bulb to low beam and high beam solenoid to highbeam.. (its a little hard to read but I also posted this image on hidplanet which is easier to see.) http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?36315-1999-dodge-ram

you dont need a diode

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2604[/ATTACH]

(its a little hard to read but I also posted this image on hidplanet which is easier to see.) http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?36315-1999-dodge-ram

Must be a member on HIDplanet, in order to see it.

--- Update to the previous post...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2604

Clever, I should have thought of that. :rolleyes:I need to do some alignment work on these, but the output seems pretty good. High beams alone are actually quite good and well better than stock. As it sits now running all 4 bulbs blows out the close area with too much light. I need to lift the lows quite a bit.Not looking forward to that. They're a little ugly but the lack of ease of maintenance sucks. The weak outer mounting tab sucks too. I may end up reinforcing that by epoxying some metal to that tab.

Spent way too long aligning them last night, and I'm really happy with the results. Have to remove them to deal with the high beams, but the lows can be accessed from underneath. Only two align screws and they're tabbed to be changed by screwdriver from the bottom. My driveway isn't as flat as I thought it was so it took me two tries to get height right. Hopefully I went low enough that I'll still be all right with a load on, I may need to tweak them down a little but I won't find out for a couple weeks. No way I could fit leveling motors in without hacking the fenders.

I'm still worried about the flimsy outer tab, I probably will end up doing something about that. (I should probably post a pic and clarify, eh??). They have a pretty bad hotspot too, but still vastly better than stock!

I didn't bring my good camera with for light shots, but here's some cell pics. Wow, these are worse than I thought. Guess I should stop next time :rolleyes:

low

Posted Image

high

Posted Image

both

Posted Image

Spent way too long aligning them last night, and I'm really happy with the results. Have to remove them to deal with the high beams, but the lows can be accessed from underneath. Only two align screws and they're tabbed to be changed by screwdriver from the bottom. My driveway isn't as flat as I thought it was so it took me two tries to get height right. Hopefully I went low enough that I'll still be all right with a load on, I may need to tweak them down a little but I won't find out for a couple weeks. No way I could fit leveling motors in without hacking the fenders. I'm still worried about the flimsy outer tab, I probably will end up doing something about that. (I should probably post a pic and clarify, eh??). They have a pretty bad hotspot too, but still vastly better than stock! I didn't bring my good camera with for light shots, but here's some cell pics. Wow, these are worse than I thought. Guess I should stop next time :rolleyes:

yeesh!... well its a start. do those projectors use a 2.5" lens?

I think they're 2.5s, yes The pics look worse than it is, I'm going to try to get better photos tonight. They do have a couple real hot spots just below the cutoff though. Nothing like a good Bosch lens though.

yea, just wondering if a morimoto would fit in there.