• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey

Drivers side window power actuator is playing up. Wouldn't come back up until I restarted the ignition system (off/on) ....... and struggled even then.

These simple enough to change - just door cover off and replace ???

And can get the part from NAPA etc ??

thx guys

--- Update to the previous post...

looks like $70 bucks NAPA

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=BK_6552234_0143655352&An=599001+102001+50022+2022010

Will a 2500 VAN motor same as a oickup ? Found For $30 with $20 core at rockauto.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1391408&parttype=1516&partkey=1151232&a=FRc1391408k1151232-8200051

Might trying cleaning contacts and silicon on window jams .....1st

Make sure the wires between the door and body are not broke where they bend when door opens/closes. I see more often this as a problem than window motors in any type of vehicle. Imagine bending a wire in your hand really fast it will eventually break. Same goes for the wires that bend when opening and closing the door. Hate to see you buy parts you don't need before eliminating the easy things first. Also the factory window switches in the 2nd gens are junky and will cause all sorts of issues. I have changed the one in my 02 several times in 8 years.

• Like 1

Make sure the wires between the door and body are not broke where they bend when door opens/closes. I see more often this as a problem than window motors in any type of vehicle. Imagine bending a wire in your hand really fast it will eventually break. Same goes for the wires that bend when opening and closing the door. Hate to see you buy parts you don't need before eliminating the easy things first. Also the factory window switches in the 2nd gens are junky and will cause all sorts of issues. I have changed the one in my 02 several times in 8 years.

Thx bro ... It's working now ...

• 2 months later...

I don't know how JOHNFAK fixed his, but mine turned out to be a bad brush in the little electric motor.Started with the wiring diagram, checked switch, checked for power at the plug where the switch goes to the motor, all worked fine.Took the regulator with the motor out, took motor off, tried it, no movement. Checked online, O'Reily had it for $68 but not in stock.So I thought, what do I have to loose? Took the motor apart and checked it out. One brush was not moving well in the brush holder - it was like, mushroomed where it bears on the commutator. Old-time carbon brushes did not do that kind of thing, but this seemed like a carbon/copper composite, maybe powder-metal.Anyway, I just scraped it with the tip of my knife until it moved freely with the spring, put the motor back together, tried it, it worked both directions, put it back on the regulator and tried it again, put the door back together and tried it, still works.Yes, I know I'm too cheap - but the part wasn't in stock and I wanted to see what was inside, and it was busted so I figured what's the worst thing, I bust it worse? Already busted.Wonder if they sell those brushes separately...Have fun, keep 'em rolling,Andrew

• 5 months later...

Same thing happened again, same fix. Brushes are not worn out, just one sticks in the brush-holder.I really need to find some brushes. I'm cheap, but not too cheap to buy a new regulator - but there is nothing wrong with the regulator or the motor, except a sticky brush. I just hate waste and don't want to throw out something that is so easily repairable.They aren't going to talk to me about this at the autoparts store - best I can think of is the auto-electric guy who rebuilt my alternator years ago. Should have measured the brush when I had it out, but I'm guessing if he has some real small graphite ones I can file to fit.Anyway, getting it apart was easier the second time around.479800 miles (even) today.Regards,Andrew

yeah I never really fixed mine - it just went awaybut its backSo will be re-looking into the wiring and deeper ........ whats strange on mine is it only seems to happen when I fully have window down. If 80% down - no issues. Then If I sit and wait it will eventually come back up - like "charging" up - I know thats not what happening - but seriously - wait 10 minutes and I can get it back up.