• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

PCM... The one on the passenger firewall is the one that controls the field... What you need to do is find out of if the blue wire has power and the green should be ground. If the crank sensor is not working right (tach) then the alternator will not charge.

Yes the blue has power, same voltage as the battery, and the green is ground.

--- Update to the previous post...

How about the alternator fuse in the PDC...???

This was the problem:doh: I wasn't aware that there was a fuse like this.

• 1 year later...

It stops as soon as I let off on the throttle.

Where can I find a wiring diagram for this? I looked in the downloads but couldn't find what I needed.

Ok I tested the voltage at the sensor. 4.73 volts when grounding through the connector but 4.97 volts when ground the volt meter right to the ground on the battery. Could I be getting a poor ground to/through the ECM? If so how and where does it get its ground?

Is there nobody reading on here today? I could sure use some input if someone has some.

My truck has been doing this same thing for the pass couple years. Mine will do it with my box and without and is off and on issue. Took it to cummins NW because dealership where i live well to be nice is retarded. I know more about the cummins then there tech does. Long story short my truck is defueling under heavy load aka foot on the floor. Computer is reading no more boost so it cuts the fuel. I had to get a boost fuller and little elbow. That what solved my issue.