• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hard start

windy

My 04.5 2500 is very hard starting. It starts when it is plugged in but still cranks over longer than it should. I have checked the relays to the grid heater, and also the amperage from the relays to the grid heater. Most people I talk to about it say that it is probably the injectors but when it's not plugged in and doesn't start there is absolutly no smoke at all coming out of the tail pipe. This makes me think that it is not getting the fuel it needs to start. When it is running it runs good with no hickups or loss of power. If anyone has any ideas I'm open for sugestions before I go and spend 2 grand on injectors.

• Staff

It does sound like an injector issue, the return too much fuel to let the rail pressure properly build. I would pull them and have them tested. DDP, II, and several others can do this for you. Its about 30-35 ea, which goes towards the repair bill if anything is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...