• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Disk Brake Upgrade

I am ready to upgrade the front disk brakes on my truck now that I have the 17" rims/tires on it. What recommendations do you have for new disks/pads? My budget will only allow a total of $300 for rotors, brackets and pads, so please keep this in mind. Fancy rotors may be nice to have, but the budget is my limitation. :shrug:

• 1 month later...

I did a brake upgrade in spring of 2009 and I used the Power slot rotors and the Hawks LTS brake pads. Total cost including shipping was $307. I did a price compare on the internet and ended up buying from AutoAnything. I am very happy with the results. I can really anchor the truck. I carry a 2500 # camper and I have no problem stopping that baby if I need to anchor it in a hurry. No squeals at all. I have 20k miles on the setup so far. There maybe other good options out there, but I am happy with the results of this combo. I would do the very same thing again if I was looking for an upgrade.