• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
gassernomore

Won't start

Mom has a 95 F150 with a 5.8 in it. She went out to try to start it and it cranks and every once in a while it acts like it wants to start but will not. I have checked both fuse panels and no problems there. It has dual tanks and I tried both tanks and same results. I am thinking a fuel problem. But, don't know a thing about this truck. Any help as to where the fuel pump is and anything else that might be useful in diagnosing this problem would be appreciated!

On the fuel rail there is a schraider valve push the pin in and check and see if there is fuel in the rail after you cranked it a bit. Then pop the distributor cap and check the rotor closely... I found a 1991 F150 that burned right through the rotor into the shaft a small pin hole. But suggestion just do a full tune up on it... Cap, rotor, spark plug, and fue filter... You might run across your problem during the tune up...

This may sound stupid but did the truck get hit? If it was hit the computer can turn the fuel off and you have to hit the reset switch.Ifrc my 92 and 95 ford had that set-up.I dont know how hard they have to be hit for this to happen.

No, it didn't get hit. Charged the battery and pushed in on the valve on the rail and it started up. I don't know what she did to it. Been running ever since. Have to wait and see if it happens again to do any more diagnosing.