• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diesel cheaper than gas, FINALLY!

ISX

I never thought I would see the day, but diesel is 4 cents cheaper than gas here. By here, I mean Linn, MO.. Hope the diesel market will go up now and resale will go up so I can get rid of vehicle #2 LOL

Yeah my dad has a gasser too.. 1995 1500 chevy 350, gets about 12mpg all the time now, pulling the TT he gets about 6-7 compared to the 18 I get when I pull it LOL He used to rub fuel costs in my face so he would have something to brag about, now he has nothing >:)

My old Chevy C30/454/auto/3.73s The 454 had cam/intake/AFB carb/headers... got 11 towing 8,000# gooseneck. Unfortunately it got the same mpg running empty! The motor lives on in a custom Hot Rod truck... shipped to Texas...My signature truck gets 18 in warm weather, running light. Way better than the gasser towing. Those 4:10 gears were not necessary... I own it now.Russ

I remember a guy at a dirt bike race showing me his f250 the 92-96 style one with the 5.8 V8 and he said he got 20mpg out of it. Had a real fancy ignition coil and bunch of other things. That doesn't seem too far fetched if he just happened to get everything tediously set to max efficiency.. I wish I would have taken notes on everything he had done to it though :bang:

Alright I have something to admit. My dream car would be a Lincoln Mark V that is black and put a cummins in it.. It would surely get 30mpg and I would love to see peoples expression when it starts spewing black smoke LOL I know, I am ate up, but I love those boats, they are the TRUE highway kings! I can't call a truck a king when they don't have the ride of a car like the mark V. I would like to take audi's quattro and make it AWD too. I guess I just want something that nobody expects anyone to ever have B) Plus I have always wanted a big highway cruiser :drool

• Owner

Alright I have something to admit. My dream car would be a Lincoln Mark V that is black and put a cummins in it.. It would surely get 30mpg and I would love to see peoples expression when it starts spewing black smoke

I've see a few videos on YouTube with Cummins powered Monte Carlo's... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO_kjaxIDzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO_kjaxIDzc[/ame]