• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Grrrrr New paint job vs Shopping cart

Not too happy right now. I went up to Harbor Freight today to buy some cheap azz tools that were on sale. I parked the truck a good ways out in the parking lot. It was a windy day but didnt really think anything of it. Go inside buy the tools and when I came out a damn shopping cart had gotten blown by the wind and collided with my passenger door. I just repainted the truck about 2 months ago. No dent but the scratch is beyond repair and the entire door needs to be repainted. I was so pissed I picked up the cart and threw it to the next isle over. Right after I went to the body shop where it was painted and the bill is going to be $400 to fix. I called Harbor Freight to report the incident and they said it has been documented and the "claims department" will contact me within 5-7 business days. I really hope they help me out on this. The parking lot was littered with shopping carts and I would think it's the store's responsibility to gather the carts regularly. Either way it just really sucks. So we'll see what happens.

post-10882-138698177368_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Well that suxs... :doh: Hopefully you get something from Harbor Frieght... :pray: I'm glad my truck is going on 10 years old and has its rash of scratches and dings... I remember the day I bought the truck brand new... Fresh paint job and worried constantly about getting scratches and dents... Sure pretty all painted up but hell of a time worrying about the paint, parking lots, door dings, shopping carts...

Yes sux very much lol. Mines 14 years old and I could have left it when I bought it but just couldn't resist getting it painted. The truck looks better than off the showroom floor minus the dang new scratch. When I first bought it before the repaint I would just push shopping carts outa my way in spots. Now I try to be very careful but I guess not careful enough.

On the same note...you ever notice when you get something painted or something you are worried about getting a door ding in a parking lot, you can park somewhere in that parking lot where there's absolutely no cars around...and when you come out there's some idiot with a piece of *&^$(%& that you can't even understand how it got there ,parked right up beside you and you have to half way open your door and squeeze in :mad: I notice someone was nice enough to give me a dent about the size of a quarter on my front fender..right in the middle of it plain to see. To high for a door dent so i'm guessing somebody walked by and tapped it. Too bad on the paint job 5-0 Cummins, hopefully they pay to fix it. Looks like a nice clear, deep coat of paint on it :)

I recall when I was just 16... parked my Mom's Chrysler 300 in the market lot where I woorked. A carriage rolled down the slope and dished in the whole d@mn door. We took the inside of the door off, pushed with both hands and "popped" the dent back out! There was a quarter sized ding that never came out. I learned to park with the bumpers headed up hill, not the side of the car.

All was good until Mom caught me racing across the empty lot at quitting time! Ooops!!