• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47RE Transmission-DTT noise filter and voltage regulator

Anyone have experience with a DTT noise filter and voltage regulator? I have these two little boxes mounted on the firewall passenger side near the PCM (?). These were on there when I purchased the truck. Just curious 1) if this is what they are and 2) what do they do. :shrug:Thanks guys.

post-10927-138698177519_thumb.jpg

I have one on my truck. It's part of dtt transmission build to help maintain correct voltages for having higher line pressure. Just the way they get around that issue. Leave on truck ;)

So what are the chances of it being a DTT tranny. The reason I ask is before my electrical issue the tranny had a lot of pressure and would hit pretty hard when going from park to drive...shifted smooth and had a huge thrust from 3rd (?) to overdrive some pedal % but up to 65-70 when shift in short period of time. I have not done anything to the tranny except have it flushed. I have launched it pretty hard a few times J/A turned up to six with the listed mods minus the 125's and has never slipped or offered to give way in 2whd and 4whd. So now I had a short while installing cab lights and it is not shifting like it did before. If I turn up chip to 5 or 6 and stand on it rpms get out of control and not gain any speed. So...I was thinking short may have affected PCM or threw some other code causing filter or pressure to change in tranny. Even with the 125 inj and chip on 6 I don't think I am over 400 hp dont know on the torque side though. Any thoughts:shrug:

They are still spliced in and working so far as I can tell. I haven't tested the voltage on them I was just curious as to how they work/operate. They have been on there since I have owned the truck so I don't know anything about them. Do you happen to have/know where I could find wiring diagram for them or install instructions? I looked on DTT's website and didn't come up with much, could be my searching skills. It looks like the previous owner had a switch installed which is no longer there because the transmission relay on the PDC is jumped and there is a wire coming off of the regulator that doesn't go anywhere. :shrug: I am just looking to get some of these things lined out so I have a better idea of what I have. Thanks for the help.

The voltage regulator is to prevent tranny from going into limp mode ... Allows them to give your more line pressure for holding clutches and apply - else tranny goes limp mode The noise isolator if you have one is to prevent lockup issues .... From electrical noise from alternator etc The jump on relay is a cheap way to force manual lockup switch I believe .... The voltage is 5v I *think* but guessing .... Best ring dtt