• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What do I do? Help!!

DieselD24

So, I'm pulling up into my driveway and I see a CBS channel 4 news van parked across the street from my house. I barely step foot on the ground and the news reporter rushes me asking me questions about an incident that ocurred a few months back. I told him I didnt want to interview, and he insists on asking me questions. I answered a few but with as little information as possible. I dont want it to be aired on the news tonight, WTF do I do?

"no comment""I have nothing to say""I do not want to be on the air, or speak to you""please leave my property""you are trespassing, please leave - now"that's about all you've got to say.... If they don't take the hint the next step differs state to state if you catch my drift but with cameras present law enforcement involvement on grounds of trespass is the next step in most cases.

• Like 1

I called the station and they transferred me directly to his cell phone. I told him if it did get aired, to keep me anonymous. He didnt ask my name but then again, I was wearing my mechanic uniform with my name on it. Hopefully he does I ask.

Unless you are accused of a crime, telling a reporter no comment gives them nothing to use. I think I'd tell them that you are not going to comment in any way... then walk away. If they come back, I'd put a no trespassing sign up. Do not let reporters (or Police for that matter) press you. A lot of times I see TV airing distraught people at their worst moment. Reporters have NO CLASS. What do you mean by sticking a microphone in somebody's face when there house is on fire or just burned to the ground? Unfortunately, reporters can legally be on public property including in front of your home. I think the laws should be changed... the papparazzi for instance... If some Celeb is in a public place, fine, take their picture... but it should be illegal to block a sidewalk or road (@holes jumping in front of people or even moving vehicles). OK, rant over. If my right of passage was blocked, I'd try to stay calm & be on the phone with the Police.

It's situations like that why I have a "NO TRESPASSING" sign in my front lawn near the driveway. I've had to ask a few "sales-persons" and Jehovas witnesses etc., "Can you read??" And then I point to the sign. They always try to "Yeah, but" me, but I always interrupt them with a bunch of profanity!!!!Or you could throw up or urinate on their shoes!!!!:lmao2::lmao2:

The more I think about this the more I think you should just respectfully tell them you have nothing to say. People who give them a hard time is the same as people who give a walmart cashier a hard time, they both are trying to put bread on the table and they don't need people making things difficult, same with any other job. I don't know how people come to want to be reporters but its inevitable so respect their job title as someone respects yours. If it weren't for reporters, we would know absolutely nothing about government affairs, current events, etc. Reporters get all the answers to the questions that we didn't have time or the will to go out and get on our own. Then there is always the Dorkweed approach :lmao: I think it's already apparent that reporters are never supposed to be anywhere and just seem to let themselves in anywhere. Don't give them a reason to come and they won't come. I know thats sometimes inevitable as well. As for Jahovas witnesses, I think they are kinda funny. The last/first one that came here a month ago asked what we were and well we don't go to church anymore but we used to be christians to which he said "Oh, I remember being a christian, now I remember why I switched". I coulda made a big deal about it, not that I really cared but any time you do make a deal about something or hassle them or anything like that, you are basically doing what they wanted you to do, which is stealing your time. Say yes or no thank you or what-have-you and go back to work. If the girl scouts come over, make sure to buy the mint cookies from them, 2 boxes minimum. If you don't the news WILL be there because I will tell them your a girl scout cookie hater :evilgrin:

The more I think about this the more I think you should just respectfully tell them you have nothing to say. People who give them a hard time is the same as people who give a walmart cashier a hard time, they both are trying to put bread on the table and they don't need people making things difficult, same with any other job. I don't know how people come to want to be reporters but its inevitable so respect their job title as someone respects yours. If it weren't for reporters, we would know absolutely nothing about government affairs, current events, etc. Reporters get all the answers to the questions that we didn't have time or the will to go out and get on our own. Then there is always the Dorkweed approach :lmao: I think it's already apparent that reporters are never supposed to be anywhere and just seem to let themselves in anywhere. Don't give them a reason to come and they won't come. I know thats sometimes inevitable as well. As for Jahovas witnesses, I think they are kinda funny. The last/first one that came here a month ago asked what we were and well we don't go to church anymore but we used to be christians to which he said "Oh, I remember being a christian, now I remember why I switched". I coulda made a big deal about it, not that I really cared but any time you do make a deal about something or hassle them or anything like that, you are basically doing what they wanted you to do, which is stealing your time. Say yes or no thank you or what-have-you and go back to work. If the girl scouts come over, make sure to buy the mint cookies from them, 2 boxes minimum. If you don't the news WILL be there because I will tell them your a girl scout cookie hater :evilgrin:

You are absolutely right ISX. I can't be a mean person, nor am I. I always get *ucked over because I'm always the nice guy in every situation. I just can't say "no" in a rude or mean way. I just simply said "No, I'd rather not comment" but he insisted. I know that's what his job is and I just can't come to tell someone off. Even working all night, going to school, working on my truck, and grumpy as hell, I still couldn't tell the guy off. I respect what he does, I just don't like it when it happens to me is all. As for the the girl scouts... LOL. I'm not a girl scout cookie hater. :lmao: