• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 OR WHAT

Been haveing problems for a long time. The eng. surges eradict but only slightly. When at hwy speed say 65 you let off and rmp get to about 1500 then put it in nuteral rpm drop quick to about 700 then pick back up,if A/C is on it almost dies. No white smoke no black smoke fuel mileage is normal. And when you rev up the eng. then it starts droping it has a little rev up right before idle. I here common rail motors do this, why would a vp motor do this. I changed the inj. to 75 hp and it started this so I had rv 275's rebuilt and put them back in and still the same no change.I dont no if this means anything but rpm gauge bounces a little at idle. Also I loosen inj. lines so there would not be any problem with cross over tubes lineing up with inj. and retighten. I always wash eng. where inj. lines go into head so there is no dirt getting in there. I dont know how much more I can do.Thanks for your help.Joe

• Owner

The only person I can swap with is my son and his is a HO motor.Wont work, will it? I hate to ask someone to swap. My luck I will drop key in oil pan LOL `:(

Hmmm... If you a SO Engine... Nope... Dumb idea though... :confused: As for the key I've got a solution for that... Another member told me... "Super Glue!" LOL

• 11 months later...

Super Glue how cool!

yes...tap the key in...make sure that it is in the right positon ...tap it in good and make sure that the top of the key is paralell to the shaft of the pump.then put of few drops of super glue where the keyway meets the shaft.if it is in the winter time..keep the pump and the parts in the house so it will be at room temperature so that the glue will dry for sure.thats what i did and it turned out fine.:thumbup2: