• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can i use prestone dex cool antifreeze

Help!!!1 I drained all the coolant out and sent my wife to get a case of regular "PEAK" or Prestone Green type antifreeze .. When she got back it was almost dark and i almost completely refilled my Radiator before i seen it was "PRESTONE DEX COOL EXTENDED LIFE 50/50 ORANGE GM:doh: IS THIS OK:shrug::spend: Richie

Your not supposed to mix different types of coolants so as long as you drained it all and filled back up with only that stuff then you should be fine.The green is ethylene glycol and the orange is propylene glycol, I think. They are different formulas and can't be mixed.

Your not supposed to mix different types of coolants so as long as you drained it all and filled back up with only that stuff then you should be fine. The green is ethylene glycol and the orange is propylene glycol, I think. They are different formulas and can't be mixed.

The Prestone Dex cool is orange and it says on the jug Contains ethylene glycol in the warning label

The Prestone Dex cool is orange and it says on the jug Contains ethylene glycol in the warning label

Hmm, well I know they told me never to go by color either. As long as it is the same type as before is all that matters.
  • Like 1

Help!!!1 I drained all the coolant out and sent my wife to get a case of regular "PEAK" or Prestone Green type antifreeze .. When she got back it was almost dark and i almost completely refilled my Radiator before i seen it was "PRESTONE DEX COOL EXTENDED LIFE 50/50 ORANGE GM:doh: IS THIS OK:shrug::spend: Richie

I would recommend draining and flushing the system.:2cents: I have changed several GM cars and trucks over to good old green antifreeze due to DEXCOOL eating away at gaskets and seals in the cooling system. Have had to replace both intake gaskets and head gaskets from the DEXCOOL. Seems to be worse on compnents if the vehicle isn't driven very much.
  • Like 3