• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
rburks

Can i use prestone dex cool antifreeze

Help!!!1 I drained all the coolant out and sent my wife to get a case of regular "PEAK" or Prestone Green type antifreeze .. When she got back it was almost dark and i almost completely refilled my Radiator before i seen it was "PRESTONE DEX COOL EXTENDED LIFE 50/50 ORANGE GM:doh: IS THIS OK:shrug::spend: Richie

Your not supposed to mix different types of coolants so as long as you drained it all and filled back up with only that stuff then you should be fine.The green is ethylene glycol and the orange is propylene glycol, I think. They are different formulas and can't be mixed.

Your not supposed to mix different types of coolants so as long as you drained it all and filled back up with only that stuff then you should be fine. The green is ethylene glycol and the orange is propylene glycol, I think. They are different formulas and can't be mixed.

The Prestone Dex cool is orange and it says on the jug Contains ethylene glycol in the warning label

The Prestone Dex cool is orange and it says on the jug Contains ethylene glycol in the warning label

Hmm, well I know they told me never to go by color either. As long as it is the same type as before is all that matters.
  • Like 1

Help!!!1 I drained all the coolant out and sent my wife to get a case of regular "PEAK" or Prestone Green type antifreeze .. When she got back it was almost dark and i almost completely refilled my Radiator before i seen it was "PRESTONE DEX COOL EXTENDED LIFE 50/50 ORANGE GM:doh: IS THIS OK:shrug::spend: Richie

I would recommend draining and flushing the system.:2cents: I have changed several GM cars and trucks over to good old green antifreeze due to DEXCOOL eating away at gaskets and seals in the cooling system. Have had to replace both intake gaskets and head gaskets from the DEXCOOL. Seems to be worse on compnents if the vehicle isn't driven very much.
  • Like 3