• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snow plow prep for shocks / coils on 4x4 CTD Extended Cab + Camper Package

Does anyone know why most 2nd gen CTD shocks list "Exclusion: Snow Plow Prep Package"?I did not get (or maybe I couldn't get) the snow plow option when I ordered my truck back in 1997 and am wondering if there is a special coil and/or shock setup that would allow a snow plow setup? I'm thinking it might have been an axle overload issue though (too much weight with the Cummins engine to throw the weight of the snow plow on top of that front axle). Also, does anyone know what the camper option added to the suspension? Thanks for any advice or information you can provide ahead of time!

I'm pretty sure the camper option just added a leaf spring or 2 in back, maybe it just added those helper leaf springs that don't hit anything until you put a good load on the truck. Not sure on the snow plow prep things.

Just a random thought but for the snow plow package there would most definitly be a different damping rate for the shock and more than likely a different spring rate on the coil springs. This is just what I would expect if there is actually a seperate package for using a snow plow. Of course it couls possibly be just another thing listed so they can charge more for the same parts as a truck without the snow plow package. :lol:

I just looked at the tag on my truck and its 8800 GVW also. Of course its been lifted so anything with the factory springs or shocks is out the window. I do know that the rear was lifted with blocks and has a thick add a leaf. It also has the overload spring brackets on the frame rail but no overload springs so whoever lifted the truck either found them unnecessary or didn't want to put them back on for some reason.