• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Had one on my 02 for about 7 years and not a single issue. If you stay with standard brightness or maybe I step above they lights last just fine. I have tried hotter bulbs and yes they do burn out fairly fast from the heat, but with standard bulbs I have no issues with bulbs not lasting, I think I changed out 1 bulb in 7 years that burned out. I bought a couple sets of hotter lights to try and they burned out within a few weeks and I just put the stock bulbs back in and no more issues. Bright box makes a huge difference on high beams but watch out when you switch to low beams you will feel almost blind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

there is a different set of assemblies the sport assembly and the oem one. i would find the sport assembly if i was going to run a bright box.IMO i bought some bulbs that were about 30% brighter then stock ones, and i just turn my dash lights down. Of course running in the snow during a snow storm is different.I have always wondered about the bright box my self but never bother to try it as i was afraid i would have to rewire my headlights after burning the wires out.

Anyone have one of these? Not to sound stupid but I see it says they handle the load put on the headlight switch to keep it form burning up, but is an actual headlight bulb designed to withstand the heat of both elements on at the same time for an extended period of time I wonder? :spend:http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BB-M4B-FLCU

Dobienut: Just another Amen to the BriteBox. I have it on my Ram Van B2500, though, and it works just as on the Ram Trucks. (My '97 CTD 2500 truck already has extra bright driving lights...)....I took a chance - the guy who offers them couldn't confirm it would work on the vans, but so many parts interchange between Ram Vans & Trucks, I bet Chrysler wired the headlight circuit the same, and they did ! Very helpful on the vans, as they don't have a flat bumper surface for easy aux light mounting - as the trucks do - so it allows more light output via the dual element output. Lightbulb life has been fine - and I find what the other gent said to be quite true - just use the standard or x-tra but not the super high perf bulbs, for the best overall life & performance. It had to suffer a near bad deer hit BEFORE I upgraded my lights - here in the Pineywoods of East Texas, we have lots of deer to avoid. Take care, David Alan :)

:) Like I said, I haven't got to drive it afterdark yet and i've had it on a week. I go to work for 7 pm and it's light out, when I get off in the morning it's light out. One of my days off i'll take it out some night. I'm sure it'll be a nice upgrade