• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Dave3500

Valve Cover Spruce Up Time!

OK,So my valve cover has not taken the test of time very well. In fact it looks unsightly. When I do the valve adjust, I'd like to clean up & resore the lettering or maybe just clear it all after its been cleaned. Much of the clear coat is chipped away. Anyone done this? What products should I use? Wire wheel on a die grinder to clean maybe? And?Thanks,Dave

Thanks Michael,what have you done to keep yours looking factory fresh? Just keeping it hosed off?Dave

Everytime I wash the truck I wash the engine... No exceptions... I don't care if its -20*F outside that engine gets a bath the same time my truck body gets a bath. This allows me to track down new wet spots (coolant, oil, etc.) easily and repari then quickly when a new one starts. This is one reason I've got a clean looking engine. Now for the really gunky engines a can of over cleaner will strip all grease, oil, gunk and even darken aluminum. But it will be super clean. I've done this on a buddies truck a few times... :thumbsup But other that washing the engine evey time I was the truck... :confused: