Sign in to follow this  
Dave3500

Valve Cover Spruce Up Time!

OK,So my valve cover has not taken the test of time very well. In fact it looks unsightly. When I do the valve adjust, I'd like to clean up & resore the lettering or maybe just clear it all after its been cleaned. Much of the clear coat is chipped away. Anyone done this? What products should I use? Wire wheel on a die grinder to clean maybe? And?Thanks,Dave

Thanks Michael,what have you done to keep yours looking factory fresh? Just keeping it hosed off?Dave

Everytime I wash the truck I wash the engine... No exceptions... I don't care if its -20*F outside that engine gets a bath the same time my truck body gets a bath. This allows me to track down new wet spots (coolant, oil, etc.) easily and repari then quickly when a new one starts. This is one reason I've got a clean looking engine. Now for the really gunky engines a can of over cleaner will strip all grease, oil, gunk and even darken aluminum. But it will be super clean. I've done this on a buddies truck a few times... :thumbsup But other that washing the engine evey time I was the truck... :confused: