• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Valve Cover Spruce Up Time!

OK,So my valve cover has not taken the test of time very well. In fact it looks unsightly. When I do the valve adjust, I'd like to clean up & resore the lettering or maybe just clear it all after its been cleaned. Much of the clear coat is chipped away. Anyone done this? What products should I use? Wire wheel on a die grinder to clean maybe? And?Thanks,Dave

• Owner

Everytime I wash the truck I wash the engine... No exceptions... I don't care if its -20*F outside that engine gets a bath the same time my truck body gets a bath. This allows me to track down new wet spots (coolant, oil, etc.) easily and repari then quickly when a new one starts. This is one reason I've got a clean looking engine. Now for the really gunky engines a can of over cleaner will strip all grease, oil, gunk and even darken aluminum. But it will be super clean. I've done this on a buddies truck a few times... :thumbsup But other that washing the engine evey time I was the truck... :confused: