• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What would cause the P0500 speed sensor code?

Over the weekend I had my truck jacked up and was spinning both the front tires trying to find a noise. Tonight when I checked my codes I had a P0500 speed sensor error code. I checked my manual and on the 02 the speed sensor is under the front wheel hubs. My question is would having the front wheels off the ground & spinning the tires make it throw this error code?

if i spin my tires on anything it will set a p500. it goes away pretty quick though. i would think it would be the same if you spun the front wheels. you have speed sensors front and one in the rear. all it takes is one of them seeing a differant speed than the others. i dont know wether the truck has to be running or not though to set the code.

Just the key on. If the key was ON yes then the speed sensor are active. As for the P0500 code... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/abs/abs.htm (Bottom of the page)

yeah, i'm pretty sure i had my key in the on position at the time because i was turning the front hubs back and forth. I guess that explains the error code. I went ahead and cleared it & it didn't come back. Thank you for the information. Mike