• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hot line for gauges!

Look for the 5 amp fuse in the inside fuse panel. This is the fuse for the dash lights. Use a test light to verify, and the test with a voltmeter to see if it works. Then use a mini add-a-fuse to tap into the lightswitch.

On my 98.5 It says inside cluster, think that would be it? When I took out the fuse the inside dash panel lights still worked. Mini add a fuse that's a new one on me, not sure what that is. Does it help w/ keeping it attached to that 5 amp mini fuse, maybe?

I'll do a google on it, thanks,

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

OK did a google, how cool is that. So I would use a 5 amp one then? All parts stores carry that? So I would have 2 5amp fuses corect? In the same spot.

I tag the illumination wire on the light switch, personally, so the gauge lights (unless LED) dim with the instrument panel.

but that's just me.

:cool:

Rogan I usually don't dim my lights on the dash I just leve 'em on the highest. But I know what to do if I wanted to, thanks!

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

Look for the 5 amp fuse in the inside fuse panel. This is the fuse for the dash lights. Use a test light to verify, and the test with a voltmeter to see if it works. Then use a mini add-a-fuse to tap into the lightswitch.

Stodg, just went to the only 5A fuse in the panel & that's it. EXCELLENT!

Dave

i used the cig- lighter wire, i tapped into it for the hot lead for the pyro and the trans temp.As for the light side i tapped it to the dimmer switch, then set the dimmer low as possible and then tuned each gauge so i could get the desired effect, the top gauge is the dimmest because it is the closest, then the bottom one is as bright as the dash.

• Like 1