• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
rockbarn

Replaced VP44 and Lift Pump Truck won't start! HELP!!!!

I just replaced my injection pump and lift pump. I put a factory replacement raptor lift pump on. After bleeding all the lines the truck will start and run fine. Once you turn the truck off it will start and run for 5-10 second and shut off. After that it will not start back until you bleed the injectors again. Please help.

Some where you got a air leak into the low pressure side. Since your dealing with all the old school banjo bolts double check all your sealing washers and be sure they are in place. Then if there is any fuel leaking most likely that is your air leak. Now that said there might be a seal leak problem on the suction side with the quick connector. Tip: Park the truck nose down and see if the problem disappears... If so then its a for sure air leak.

I just replaced my injection pump and lift pump. I put a factory replacement raptor lift pump on. After bleeding all the lines the truck will start and run fine. Once you turn the truck off it will start and run for 5-10 second and shut off. After that it will not start back until you bleed the injectors again. Please help.

Did you get her to start and run steady?

I found my leak on the banjo bolt that goes into the lift pump. We must gave dropped one of the gaskets that goes against the pump when we were putting it back on. Couldn't find it until it was dark and shined a flashlight, we saw the diesel spray in front of the light when we turned the truck back off. Thanks for the help guys.