• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Norcold refridgerator... propane operation trouble

I am a bit lost... my last one (back before the dawn of time) had a pilot light! The fridge works fine on AC. Refused to start on propane. Gives a 'F' code (as in U R F-ed). I was able to "fire it up" with a grill lighter... and it kept cold for 24-48 hours. Once I saw a C before the F codes. When trying to start on propane I can hear a clicking at the back in the access hatch. Does anybody know these units?

• Owner

Yes I do... :hyper: Open up the exterior access panel and look inside the burner area. You'll see the spark electrode inside the burner chamber this electrode does 2 things ignites the gas to light the flame but also tells the computer if the flame has blown out or not ignited. So I would clean the ignitor carefully and clean the burner base so the arc will jump to the burner to light and also be sure the flame touching the electrode. As for the C it means the DC battery is too low.

Flame Rectification sensing[1].pdf

norcold refriderator.pdf

• Like 1