• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Adjusting AirDog 150 pressures...

• Owner

Well I found a way to adjust the fuel pressure upwards on my truck. I started out with 16-17 PSI when I first installed it nearly a year ago. But now the pressure slipped down to about 14-15 PSI. I had some time on my hands a found a way to adjust the fuel pressure. Adjusting Shim...post-2-138698165417_thumb.jpg I was digging around the shop and found a exactly prefect fitting washer that doesn't interfer with fuel flow and fits inside the pump. Its a cheap 5/16" flat washer but you going to need to match it up against the fitting to bet sure it not blocking the hole nor too large for the fitting. This is stuffed back in behind the return line fitting. Order of install... Ball, Spring, Washer, Fitting... Now I started out with 3 thinking there thin... OMG! 25 PSI... Pull one out 22 PSI... Pull another one out... 18 PSI... I happy again... ;)

I thought it was just me ,my airdog 100 has lost about 1 1/2 lbs. Running at 13 1/2 to 14 lbs, when new it was at 15. If I over shim and get 16 on my Airdog 100 you think I could damage it. I am starting to think leave it alone.

• Owner

Naw... Go for it... The AirDog pump can go way up to 20-25 PSI easily... Just for kicks and giggles I grabbed the return line and kinked it to see what it would do... I buried my 30 PSI fuel pressure gauge quickly... So the AirDog pump is capable of really high pressures. But if you use you head and keep the fuel prtessure between 10-20 PSI your total safe. I'll have to grab a short video of my new pressures... ;)

• Owner

I personally like to see a few extra pound of pressure more that the overflow valve trip point. This means that there is extra fuel flowing through the pump for sure cooling it... Not to mention it gives a wider range of pressure from the minimum limit of 10 PSI... So if I'm at 18 PSI that means I got 8 PSI worth of room... Where you only got 3 PSI worth of room but with the 18 PSI you know the overflow valve is open for sure and flowing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

You have another one Michael? I did check out one that you had at least 16 PSI at WOT. Mater of fact you kicked it down & it didn't even budge. Dave

actually over this last winter the pressures slide down to as low as 12 PSI WOT and idle at 14 PSI. (Thicken fuel - Gelling) After this stress was put on the regulator spring it seems to hold the same pressure come spring time. I tend to like to have it float between 15-17 PSI knowing the overflow valve is just cracking open. (Know there more that enough fuel).

I am going to have to give this a go since my fuel pressure has really dropped since I first installed the AirDog. I have seen it as low as 11 psi at idle, but it seems when I take off it goes up to around 13-15psi. When I first installed it I had a pretty steady 17-18psi.

my airdog took a dump yesterday I was toolin down the HWY @ 65 just happend to look at my gauge it said 0 no more than getting the words out my mouth truck died `:( Of course i had my full loaded toy hauler behind on the major freeway. so i called good ol AAA they brought me home, now i got to dig in to see whats goin on after work sucks!!!!!

BFly, That sucks! How old was the old Dog? Lets us know what happened. Hopefully it do anymore damage then it would as if you ran out of fuel to the IP> :confused Good luck, Dave

the pump is fairley new about 7000 miles on it. i changed the filter and the pressure came up bled the air out of system and got her runnin , but before the dog dropped to 0 i noticed intermittent gauge pressurs from 18lb all the way to 27 lbs . today the dog ran about 18 to 19 lbs this morning than when i drove about 10 miles she went back up to 27 ???? i dont know what the heck guess ill call tomorrow has anyone seen this before???

Regulator spring, check ball, or a kinked hose? :confused:

Is it possable the water seperator is plugged, i orderd one yesterday ill change it when i get it . Im going to go see what it does this morning, im almost thinking its acting up after its warmed up ??? Ill let u know!!

Well i called pureflow today and told ron the tec what was happining, all i got was hmmm so i told him i purchased the pump 1.5 yrs ago and put about 7000 miles on it. his first question was did you send the warranty card, I replied dont remember, he checkd and said i did not send it` then he proceeded to tell me that he would repair it if i sent it to him and that he would charge me $50.00 per hr + parts. my reply was so im stuck with this broken pump he said yep, I told him guess i need to go buy fass cause he wont back his product. I was madd and pizzed off and stil am..... >:)