• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

blower controls 06 dakota

The first thing to do is limber up your trusty multi-meter & check for voltage on the motor power lead above the passenger's foot well. If no power there, check the power feeding the resistor, a few inches away (follow the wire).Do you mean NO speeds as in no blower at all? Or only 1 speed? If the resistor fails, usually the high speed still works. The resistor slows it down from there. (If the resistor has failed, drop the blower motor & check inside the duct (the resistor block sticks up into the duct) and mouse debris can cause it to overheat causing resistor failure. If no power, check your fuses again.

i checked my fuses. they ar e good. this happened the other day, no fan speeds at all. it was working when i pulled into the gas station and when i came out and started the engine i had no speeds. a short time later it started working again. worked good for 2 days and then did it again and just started working on the way home tonight. all speeds working like normal. I have never had the rodent problems you have had in my 2500 so i dont think that would be an issue on the dakota. it seems that i might have a bad connection or ground with the way it is working. the resistor went out on the 2500 and i only had one speed. when this one acts up i have no speeds, ac still works just no fan

ther is right now. i am sitting in it with the ac on. I have got to change out my 6 speed today on the 02. i am going to have to deal with this later. if it wasnt for work and my vehicles i might have a little spare time.:lmao:

Start the truck turn the fan to one of the medium speeds then tilt the steering wheel up and down several times. If the fan starts you have a bad wiring harness on the column! You may need to push it hard to the upper and lower tilt stops (not real hard however). Or just remove the knee bluster and look at the harness, disconnect it and look at the connector ends for signs of burning. Dodge has a harness repair kit for this very problem.

This is what you don't want to see!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don